Sunday, July 5, 2009

Getting Started

Well here I am, finally setting up my blog page. A little about me, I'm originally from Iowa and ended up traveling the world while in undergrad. I did my student teaching in Australia and landed my first job in Colombia - yes the country. I stayed there for two years and brought home a walking souvenir and we have been married for 8 years now and have a 4 year old daughter.
I titled my blog traveling through life because each day is a travel or an adventure for me. Even if I do not try for it to end up that way, it is!
I have been teaching for 10 years now. I taught first grade for 2 years and then fifth grade for 8 years. This year I will try fourth grade. I also teach adults online to become teachers. That is very interesting, I have found adults to act much like my fifth graders at times!
Anyway, enjoy the ride! I will post pictures and updates later.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are busy but it is what will keep you young and alive. And it is what makes you so fun!!
    Love it. Keep up the writing. It is good for the soul.
    She

    ReplyDelete