Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Btting the Bullet

Last January my Hubby ran his first half marathon. I drug Sweet Pea down there with us at 0400 in the morning so she could watch too and honestly, who wants someone knocking on their door to watch a 3 year old at that hour?! Anyway, it was a long morning with a toddler, but it was so fun. As I sat there waiting for hubby to cross the finish line I decided I would register for the Houston half marathon in 2010. I know, I know, I'm not a runner, but I think I can do this. Right before I thought hubby would cross the finish line Sweat Pea decides she has to use the restroom. Lots of thoughts passed through my mind - do I let her wait, does she really have to go, are there some woods some where, etc... I decided I better take her because I would hate for her to wet herself! So we hurry back down to the restroom and then back to the bleachers by the finish line and I knew at that point I had missed Hubby crossing the finish line. Yes, I could watch it again online and there was a picture of him, but still. I felt terrible we missed it, but I felt better about myself that I hadn't let her wet herself.
So this past weekend was the registration for the 2010 marathon and half marathon. The weekend before I joined a training group and ran my first 3 miles. UGH! I made it though. So anyway, the registration opened at midnight and I tried to register when it opened but I couldn't get through so I got up early this next day and got Hubby and I registered! I am trying to run each day to train, but it's tough for me. I know I can do it. The half marathon filled up in less than 24 hours. Good thing I got up at 4:00 to register for it! :)

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!! I'm so proud of you... and maybe I'll get inspired... :)
    Can't wait to hear about your training!
    I remember the text you sent last year about him running! Way to go!!!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete