Saturday, July 11, 2009

Friends

I have been thinking a lot about the friends I have. I have really great friends. I mean, the absolute best! This week I have seen two of them doing things for me that went over and beyond being a good friend.
On Thursday I took Kennedy to the Children's Museum with a very good friend and her two children. When we left Kennedy wanted some milk so I type fast food into my GPS to get to the nearest place I could drive through and get some milk. The GPS said there was a McDonald's about .5 a mile away and my friend asked the address and I told her and she said that was in the Science Museum. Thank you to her for not letting me drive around the circle looking for the McDonald's. I could see it now! What a great friend! She tells me there is a Wendy's near by so I follow her there. At this point I have no idea where I am, but that's okay because my trusty GPS will guide me home. Well she decides to wait for me and I get stopped at a red light and she had gone on through. This FRIEND waits for me at the next light that is green! She waits until I can come through. Now that is a great friend.
Then today I decided to join Kingwood Fit. We will go into that craziness in another blog! Anyway, This morning was the time trials to see which running group you will be in. I already knew which group I would be training in, but I wanted to know I could do the 3 miles. So my friend and I start off together but she went on and I kept running. I did really well for never running before. I was almost finished, probably had 1/2 a mile left when here comes my friend running back to get me to help me finish! What a great friend!
I am truly blessed! These are just two examples from this week. My friends do things like this for me all of the time. Thank you to all of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment